Adventure Camp Helps Children With Selective Mutism, Builds Website
January 30, 2012
Carmen Maria Lynas, Ph. D., has started a new treatment option for children suffering from selective mutism, a week-long Adventure Camp. The camp had its first run in August of 2011 and was very successful with eleven families registerring their children.
Looking for assistance in updating her Adventure Camp site, Dr. Lynas came to liQuidprint to more accurately reflect the mission and benefits of the camp. The goal was to encourage more families to join the camp and more counselors to volunteer. She wanted to create a site which offered 75% pertaining to Adventure Camp and recruiting for the children's group and parents' group while the remaining 25% will be geared towards individual outpatient treatment and resources.
liQuidprint soon went to work. The url was changed
slightly to reflect proper usability and search engine optimization
Then, we sought after improving the layout and colors of the site
from a previously cool and dry site to warm and welcoming.
The site came to life as fresh images and videos (filmed by
liQuidprint) were added into the layout. Having a good,
engaging and informative website is key to any business. But in
this area where so many parents turn to the web to gather
information on medical treatment options, it is even more critical.
The next step was to reorganize the abundance of content to a more readable fashion. The web is a bit different then print, so its imparative content is quick and easy to read across all pages. Shorter pages that lead the visitor to 'Read More' are important. Bulleted lists instead of paragraph format lead to greater attraction. And finally we want the content to subtly lead the visitor towards attending one of the parents' group events.
Finally, Dr. Lynas wanted to be able to manage her site herself moving forward. This is when we turned to Umbraco as a content management tool. Umbraco is known for its simplicity for users to update and populate new content as they wish. There typically isn't a lot of user training needed as this CMS tool is quite intuitive. It also offers greater expandability on the backend for the web applications needed today and tomorrow.
To find out more about how a liQuidprint website can make your site generate results for your business visit www.liQuidprint.com/freeaudit.